The Original Jolly Phonics Workbooks
You save 6%
The Jolly Phonics Pupil Books are write-in pupil books providing fun and engaging lesson activities for young children in their first year of learning to read and write.
Jolly Phonics Pupil Book 1:
• Introduces the 42 main letter sounds of English, each with its own story and action.
• Shows children how to use their letter-sound knowledge to read and write simple regular words.
• Teaches the first set of tricky words. Children learn to blend the sounds and identify the tricky part.
Jolly Phonics Pupil Book 2:
• Builds on the reading and writing skills taught in Pupil Book 1.
• Covers four main topics: Alternatives, Handwriting, Tricky Words, and Words and Sentences.
• Introduces the main alternative vowel spellings, capital letters and the alphabet, more tricky words and guided writing activities.
Jolly Phonics Pupil Book 3:
Builds and consolidates the reading and writing skills taught in Pupil Books 1 and 2.
• Covers three main topics: Alternatives, Tricky Words, and Words and Sentences.
• Introduces new alternative letter-sound spellings and tricky words, as well as a variety of reading comprehension activities.